Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Financial Crisis

I have been too lazy to go to an ATM. So currently, I have about a Euro and fifty cents to my name. I was planning on going to an ATM in about an hour. I logged online to check my account to see how much I should pull out. Now imagine my surprise when my account has:
-$595.64
I immediately thought back to my spending. No, I had not spent all the money in my account. I scrolled down to purchase history. There was a charge for $1750. I had not bought anything of that amount. Turns out is was a check Lorin had signed for the US treasury.
I logged onto skype and tried calling my mom (because she doesn't turn her skype offline). She didn't answer. I tried again. Still no answer. So I sent my parents both an email. Then I remember they are going on trek tomorrow. Which means it is either money today or none at all.
I walked into the office and asked Marcus if there was a phone with which I called the US. He said yes. I was so surprised. So I called Lorin. I was definitely choking back tears on the phone. Turns out that evil check was a quarterly tax payment. He promised to refill my account today. Until then though, I am stranded. And stressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment