Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sixteenth Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday. Yay! In the US that means I can drive. In Europe it means I can drink. It was a great birthday, including:
-Going to Donau Insel Fest (Europe's largest outdoor music festival) the night before/early morning of and hearing Billy Idol play. For free. It was epic. Especially when he sang "sweet sixteen". That was pretty sweet.
-Going to the Naschmarkt, browsing antiques, and buying a picnic lunch.
-Going to a park to eat said picnic lunch, birthday baklava (way better than any birthday cake, ever), and laying in the sun.
-Going to Prater, going on a roller coaster where you lay down and another freaking sweet ride where you are 200 feet in the air going upside down and spinning in circles.
-Writing in my journal. I love birthday journal writing.
-Back to Donau Insel Fest.
-Free "I (heart) Vienna" shirt.
-Dancing to techno European MTV music.
-Getting shoved, groped, and beer spilled on me.
-Having the sweetest sweet sixteen with Mika and Amelia all day.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fabulous! (minus the 200 foot upside down ride) You would have never convinced me to go on that!

    ReplyDelete