Thursday, June 3, 2010

Salzburg

Salzburg was the most miserable day ever. It rained and rained and it was cold. I hate Salzburg.

We went on a tour. The tourguide was nice, and he knew a lot. But his accent was so thick. It was really hard to listen too. He liked to talk about how wrong The Sound of Music is. It was a little disheartining. And every time someone would yawn he would get angry and say "That is very rude." The tour lasted two and a half hours. It was all outside. I was so cold I wanted to die.

Then we went to a coffeehouse that has been around since 1705. It was beautiful. We had hot chocolate. The best hot chocolate of my life. It was so warm. It was the best part of my day.

Then we went up to "The fortress". It was a long hike, mostly stairs. My thighs were buring. I had to pay full price because I was a year too old for the child ticket. The fortress itself was a little disappointing. It was so damn cold and rainy that we couldn't even enjoy the views because we didn't want to be outside.

At this point, I (and everyone else) was completely soaked. I could feel puddles in my shoes and my legs were numb. I was wearing my awesome raincoat, so the top half of me was dry but still very cold. So I went to H&M and bought a sweatshirt and flipflops. That made everything much better.

Then we got on the train and went to Dorfgastein. It is beautiful. Google image it. We stayed in a lovely bed and breakfast with hot showers. I am currently wearing a long sleeved shirt, my under armor waffle sweatshirt, my new H&M sweatshirt, my H&M jacket made out of a denim like material and my raincoat. It is warm. Life is better now. But I think I will forever hate Salzburg.

No comments:

Post a Comment