Thursday, May 27, 2010

Darth Vader

There was an incident in German class today.

The teacher wrote the word Vader (father) on the board. I had one of my breakthrough moments, and I thought/realized/exclaimed out loud "OHHH that's where Darth Vader comes from". It was a breakthrough. Darth Vader = dark father. His name forshadowed that he would be Luke's "dark father". I love it when things from real life and class connect.

So I proclaimed that aloud. Then I felt stupid. Then I had to explain it. The whole incident took a whole 2 minutes.

When I was little my teachers would write on my (and Sam's especially) progress reports that we "blurt". I thought I had that under control. Some days, learning is just too exciting.



PS. I redeemed myself a little bit. I got an A on my last test - 95%. Take that Darth Vater.

No comments:

Post a Comment