Sunday, May 9, 2010

A certain kind of girl

If you have ever met me (and I assume you have) you know that I generally don’t like people. People annoy me. There is however, a specific kind of girl who annoys me the very most. I have met several such girls, and though I cannot tell you their names, I can describe them in perfect detail. Somehow, they are all the exact same, and I can detect one within the first minute of our conversation. Here are the characteristics of such girls:

-They are especially insecure around guys. Consequently, they “argue” with them But their “arguments” simply consist of the girls pretending to be superior (usually intellectually) and insulting the guy (the more attractive he is, the ruder the insults). But they can only insult them on one thing like his height, intelligence, or the way he dresses. The guy is used to it, doesn’t like her, and is really annoyed, so he is rather rude to her back, and this makes her even more insecure.

-They love to say, “I’m hyper today”. They will say this everyday, and it is never a good excuse for being so damn annoying. And they are never more or less hyper from day to day.

-If you ask a question, such as “how much homework do you have a night?” They will reply with something like “I’m not even going to tell you that” or “You don’t want to know”. No, I do want to know. That’s why I asked. No answer you give me will scar me for life, scare me etc. I can handle it, promise.

-They touch you. On the arm, shoulder, side, head, hair, back, neck, etc. They think it makes you better friends.

-They are poorly dressed. Their styles are a mixture of all sorts of other styles, but they don’t match. For instance, vintage (grandma) shoes, denim skirt, silk blouse, and some sort of hat. It’s a disaster, with pieces that have potential, but together, it looks like they put their closet on shuffle and wore what came out.

-They have this tone. I can’t describe it. It is like sarcasm mixed with that scared tone people have when they are speaking in public and don’t want to be. It is painful to listen to.

-They love me. I walk in a room and they come to me like I’m some sort of magnet. And then I play along nice for a while until I can’t stand them anymore and go make new friends, but I always feel guilty for abandoning the first person to talk to me.

It just so happens that there is one of these girls in my new ward. And here’s the shocker; she latched on to me. So, we’ll see how that goes. I suppose I can probably sit next to her for 2 hours once a week 12 more weeks in a row (yes that is 24 total hours).

1 comment:

  1. I am certain that you did everyone justice in this (I was able to pick out whom was whom easily thanks to your perfect descriptions).

    :) Now I will continue to read the rest of your blog!

    ReplyDelete