Thursday, May 13, 2010

The hostel epic

First, I need to say that if you emailed me and I have yet to email back, don't worry, I will, probably once I get back to Vienna. But I can only do so much internet at once, and right now I have stories to tell.

If you know me very well, or at all really, you will know that I am not a hostel sort of person. I am a hotel sort of person. Hostels scare me. But for Prague this weekend, the group decided to stay in the cheapest hostel possible (40 euros for 3 nights). So I was a little worried before I left Vienna.

The bus ride between Vienna and Prague was beautiful. I looked out the window for 4 hours and watched the fields, flowers, and houses go by. I even saw the sun set over the Czech countryside. Talk about experiencing life.

When we got in to this God-forsaken bus stop in Prague, I got a little worried. We had no idea where we were and it was dark and it was not a nice sort of bus stop to be at. We decided the best plan of action would be to take the metro. So we went down like 6 escalators, got on a metro and hoped it was right.

We got off, and walked to our hostel. It was underground (literally) and smelled scary. This man with a unibrow and red glasses was at the front desk. We told him our reservation and he was like "you've been moved to a different hostel. I thought you'd been informed. Here's the adress." So we went out side and started trying to find our new hostel.

We had no idea where we were really going, but thought we were probably on the right track. Then we passed a woman wearing nylons, 6 inch heels, tight v-neck tank top, a hot pink skirt that was as tight and as short as they come, and a rhinestone belt buckle. She was standing on the curb, rubbing her plastic nails together. That's right. I saw my first real live European prostitute. I was so glad our hostel was in such a great part of town.

We finally made it to our hostel. It's theme color is bright pink. It's name? "Purr Purr Crib 15". So classy. I was practically hypervenilating. I don't do well when put in sketchy situations. But we got our room key and we had our own private room with 6 beds for us. We have to share a bathroom with a bunch of asians, but it's okay.

Being a starving college student is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment