Friday, July 23, 2010

18 days

I have 18 days left in Europe. Then I'm back to the good old US of A. Where I am not a pest because of my nationality. Where they speak the language I know. Where they don't smoke in the streets. Where I will be able to drive a car anywhere I want. Where the price of everything is not automatically 22% more. Where I do not have to take German class. Where fast food is actually fast. Where showers are big and hot water endless. Where I do not need an adapter to plug any cord in. Where I have more clothes sitting in my closet waiting for me. Where there is air conditioning everywhere I go. Where the outdoor and solitude can be found literally right out my back door. Where my family and friends are.

Funny thing is, I'm really going to miss this place.

18 days seems like a long time. I cannot tell you how many trips to Hawaii we've taken for 18 days. Last year I was in Europe for 18 days. I used to think 18 days was 3 weeks. It wasn't until last year that I figured out it wasn't 3 weeks but 2 weeks and 4 days. 18 days always feels so long. 18 days is the perfect time for a trip. You get into "the mode" without missing too much of your real life. Funny thing is, these 18 days are going to fly by. These 18 days aren't going to last long enough. But they will also last too long.

I will see you all in 18 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment