Saturday, July 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Lorin

Today is Lorin's birthday. In honor of that, here is a list of 25 things I love about him:
1. He lets me grow up and encourages my dreams whether it be dragging me and the horse to Joe's for riding lessons, letting me steal his camera, or sending me to Europe for 3 months. He's always there to me up and help me along.
2. When I was in 4th and 5th grade he was busy learning to be stake president. I started to withdraw from him. So he started giving me notes every day before school. I have an entire box full of 3x5 cards that he wrote me.
3. He will say "Han, we haven't spent time together in a while, let's go do something." And so we go do whatever we want to do. Usually it includes dessert.
4. Two days before I left, he came home with the most beautiful flower arrangement for me. Just because he loves me.
5. He is very adamant we have family prayer. 
6. He has treats in his office at the church and he lets me steal them. Even if it is the last chocolate.
7. He loves to teach me. He will send me articles he finds interesting, or tell me stories I can learn from, or spend an hour trying to help me understand my pre-calculus homework.
8. He tells me he is proud of me. Even when it is little things.
9. He won't let me live anything down. Like when I was 10 and trying to get off the horse and fell off it defending myself by calling it a "grateful discount" OR last year when he took me fishing and I got my hook stuck in the guide's nose.
10. If he thinks I'm wrong, he will tell me. But he won't force me to change.
11. He let me drive his Lexus as soon I got my permit.
12. He let me keep driving his Lexus after I almost crashed it. Several times.
13. He lets me choose the radio station. Usually.
14. When my mom told him to buy a new TV for the basement, he had a 108-inch HD projector with surround sound installed.
15. He asked me if I still had my drivers-ed book in anticipation of his upcoming license renewal. Just to be safe.
16. I have never seen he and my mom fight. Ever.
17. After he had his knee replaced in December, I "had" to drive him everywhere. He said thank you even though we both knew I loved it.
18. He has unbelievable integrity.
19. He has a strong testimony and shares it with me often.
20. He pretends that working and being stake president is a burden. But we all know he is very good at it and loves it.
21. He has always had white hair. It makes him easy to identify in a crowd.
22. He calls me "Hannah Banana Grace Rockhopper Pugh" and "Sweetheart" and "Han".
23. When I ran out of money, he put money in my account as soon as he could.
24. He will be forever making fun of somebody or pulling a prank on them. But he never goes too far. And he has friends that will do it right back.
25. He openly admits that I am his favorite child daughter.


Lorin on trek.                                                                  Lorin with Kate and the horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment