Tuesday, July 20, 2010

It's been too long

I haven't blogged in five days. Not because I'm busy or tired or because nothing has happened. But because I'm lazy.

Let's start with the weekend. This weekend I went to... BERLIN. Ich finde Berlin interessant. My favorite part was the German History mueseum. Go ahead, call me a nerd. I skipped most of it, just went through about 1800-1945. I would best describe it as my AP Euro class. But rather than powerpoints with pictures, the museum had the real object. They had a lot of things. It wasn't that anything was all that rare. But the quantity of things they had. It made for a very clear picture of whatever they were showing. My two favorite things were 1) a penny farthing and 2) the newspaper with Emile Zola's "Je t'accuse". I gasped when I saw both of them. Besides the museum I went on a tour and saw all the sights. Pretty cool. Berlin is one of my favorite cities because of all the history it has.

On Sunday, Amelia and I started a new tradition known as "Happy Meal Sunday". You see, church is not until 1:30. So we are at a bus station at about 12:45, right when we are getting hungry. So we scamper across the street and get happy meals. We eat them on the bus and then play with the toys during church.

Yesterday was Monday. Amelia and I went to the National Treasury. Nothing like looking at gold, jewels, and crowns to make you feel like a peasant. I'm still trying to comprehend the wealth. I wish I could meat a member of a royal family. Born with such luxury and so many possibilities but also the responsibility for a country. Would you be spoiled and entitled? Or humbled and worried? I get worried about going to college. I can't imagine being 16 and waiting to rule a country.

After that we went to Demels. What is Demels? Why it is the imperial bakery. Yes, I am serious. I had the most amazing things. Basically, I live for moments like that. It is a good thing that I didn't go to Demels earlier in the trip. I would have gained about 10 more pounds.

This morning Amelia and I climbed Stephansdom. It was 334 steps in a circle. Going up my thighs burned and going town I was dizzy. But the view was incredible. I love looking over cities. It makes me feel like a supreme being. But I also marvel at man's ability to create. I always thing "WE BUILT THAT!" I like seeing how crammed in a city is. I love cities. I am a city girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment