Thursday, July 15, 2010

Bless this bread

My friends always make fun of me because I have a bit of a compulsive need to pray before I eat. In restaurants, or at school or places besides houses, I'm fine. No prayer reflex there. But when I am sitting at a table in a house, I have a praydar of sorts. It's almost a reflex. It feels wrong to just eat. I need the food to be blessed. This means, of corse, that whenever I eat with my friends, I insist on blessing the food. It's just the way I am.
Every time I ate dinner with Frau, it felt wrong. She would put the food on the table spread her hands and say essen. We would follow the command, but my praydar went off. I needed to bless the food.
Tonight, we ate dinner with Edit and Helmut. Guess what? Before we ate, Edit asked for someone to pray. I was so happy. Jana blessed the food. After which we ate, my praydar content.

1 comment:

  1. I love it, there could be worse things than having praydar.

    ReplyDelete