Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Public Transport Gods (PTG)

I generally don't consider myself a heathen (Kat's the heathen), but I do firmly believe in the PTG. These are the beings that control public transport. When it gets where and if it's on time and if there are seats available. Some people might argue that people do that. But they are wrong. It's like in the Grapes of Wrath when Stenbeck describes the bank:
"The bank is something else than men. It happens that every man in a bank hates what the bank does, and yet the bank does it. The bank is something more than men. It's the monster. Men made it, but they can't control it."

Well, lately the PTG have been on my side. It probably has to do with some recent human sacrifices on my part. Or maybe they just like me. But seriously, every time I go near public transport (except the S-bahn, but that doesn't count. It only comes every 20 minutes) the one I want shows up. It was true in Holland too. I haven't had to wait more than a minute for the Uban in about 2 weeks. And every time I get on some form of public transport, there is a seat for me. It practically has my name on it. Having the PTG on your side will make any bad day good.

No comments:

Post a Comment