Thursday, July 29, 2010

Streetcars Home - The Sequal

Tonight was my last night in Vienna. It's been an awful day. Everyone left this morning. So I have been alone in Vienna. I had terrible anxiety. I have never in my life had anxiety. But today, every time I would pass anything remotely meaningful to me, my chest would tighten up and I would gasp for a view breaths. It is so sad to be leaving. It is sad that my study abroad is over. 
The last thing I did in Vienna was get on the "D" streetcar. I sat on it and rode it to the end. Hopefully, you rememeber my first encounter there (the one where I got locked in). I got off the streetcar when I was supposed to and walked over to the spot where they park, the spot where I got locked in. I stared at that streetcar, had an anxiety attack, and then stared some more. I think there was some sort of poetic justice in going there. I could see the change in myself.
Once I was done at the streetcar, I figured out where I was and got home on the S-Bahn. There is also poetic justice in that.
Oh Vienna, how I will miss you.
I get to meet my parents tomorrow in Copenhagen. I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment